Good news! With Rev. Proc. 2019-44 the IRS has announced the annual inflation adjustments for 2020, which include increased contribution limits for the following benefit accounts:
- Healthcare FSA annual contribution limit: $2,750 (increase of $50)
- Transit Account monthly maximum: $270/month (increase of $5)
- Parking Account monthly maximum: $270/month (increase of $5)
The annual limits for Dependent Care FSA will remain unchanged at $5,000 per year; $2,500 if married filing single.
Keep track of all current IRS limits at www.tasconline.com/benefits-limits.
One of the biggest challenges that small employers face is attracting and retaining employees. Beginning January 1, 2020, employers who have multiple employees can offer an Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement (ICHRA) to employees to reimburse individual insurance premiums and out-of-pocket medical expenses. These changes will make it easier for employers to provide valuable benefits. This policy is a result of Executive Order 13813. This order was issued by President Trump in 2017 to expand the availability and use of Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and promote healthcare choice and competition.
IRS Notice 2013-54, issued in September 2013, limited the ability of small business owners to utilize stand-alone HRAs (unless they were a One Employee HRA).
In 2016, the Cures Act established the Qualified Small Employer HRA (QSEHRA). This legislation overturned guidance issued in IRS Notice 2013-54 and once again allowed employers with fewer than 50 employees to utilize HRAs as a pre-tax health and welfare benefit. The QSEHRA has many restrictions and requirements that the ICHRA does not. For example, a QSEHRA is only available to employers with fewer than 50 eligible employees and employer contributions are capped. ICHRAs are one of the accounts available on TASC’s new Universal Benefit Account platform. ###
This is an exciting year at TASC as hundreds of thousands of customers are now enjoying the benefits of Universal Benefit Account! Are you making the most of this revolutionary offering? Are you on your way to earning our Provider Incentive Program trip? Top 2019 distributors will be shouting the good news from the hilltop hamlets of Killarney, Ireland!
Guests will enjoy one of the best-known five-star luxury hotels in Ireland, the Europe Hotel & Resort, overlooking the world-famous Lakes of Killarney. The Europe offers a wide range of wonderful leisure activities on the extensive grounds to help you unwind, including golf, fishing, hiking, swimming, and spa treatments.
Killarney is well known for its excellent shops, restaurants, and cosmopolitan appeal. Browse in a bookstore, admire art, or savor the delights of homemade ice cream or a pint of Guinness. You may even take an excursion to Killarney National Park, tour the nineteenth-century Victorian mansion Muckross House, visit the Gap of Dunloe and the fifteenth-century Ross Castle, and explore Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way with stunning views on the Ring of Kerry or Dingle Peninsula.
What will you experience on the Emerald Isle?
- VIP-style treatment at The Europe Hotel & Resort, Ireland’s Best Resort Hotel (2018 National Hospitality Award).
- The inside scoop on latest TASC news, benefit accounts, and innovations.
- Valuable industry “insider” meetings that will give you an edge on the competition.
- Fine food and excellent service.
- Exclusive excursions where you can enjoy the best of Ireland’s culture and attractions.
- An opportunity to establish lifelong friendships with peers in the industry.
If you haven’t already done so, contact your Regional Sales Director (RSD) to create an end-of-the-year sales plan! For more information about our Provider Incentive Program, view the 2019 Rules Flyer at tascpip.com.
Due to requirements resulting from the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), employers who offer employer-sponsored benefits are required to file IRS Tax Form 720 and pay a small fee. This will impact Plan years ending 2012-2019. Don’t worry; TASC has your multi-employee AgriPlan, BizPlan and No Limit Plan clients covered!
Fee helps to fund research and consumer-based health decisions
Established by PPACA, the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is charged with examining the relative health outcomes, clinical effectiveness, and appropriateness of different medical treatments by evaluating existing studies and conducting its own. The Institute will be funded in part by employer-paid fees.
This means your multi-employee AgriPlan, BizPlan, and No Limit Plan clients will have to file an additional tax form and pay a small fee by July 31st each year. The fee total will be $2.26 per Plan Participant.
What do your clients need to do?
TASC is committed to keeping your clients in compliance and backs every Plan with our Audit Guarantee. To help ensure compliance, please ask these clients to watch their mail early-June for a pre-filled IRS Tax Form 720 and instruction from TASC regarding the required PCORI information.
- Completed form with payment should be mailed to the IRS and postmarked no later than July 31, 2018
- Mail to the Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Services, Cincinnati, OH 45999-0009
If you are already filing IRS Tax Form 720 for your clients, please include the PCORI calculation and fee that was sent to your client.
Get ready for a vibrant mountain destination! As part of our Provider Incentive Program, top 2018 distributors will earn a trip to the beautiful and charming city of Asheville, North Carolina, and stay at the grand Omni Grove Park Inn!
With its innovative culture and breathtaking mountain scenery, it’s no surprise that Asheville was named by National Geographic Travel as an “up and coming” city in its new book, World’s Best Cities: Celebrating 220 Great Destinations.
Build a bright future with us in 2018, and experience abundant rewards in Asheville:
- Visit a welcoming, vibrant location offering adventure and tranquility.
- Be treated VIP-style treatment at an exquisite 4-diamond property.
- Get the inside scoop on latest TASC news, service offerings, and innovations.
- Gain an edge on the competition via valuable industry “insider” meetings.
- Savor some of the best regional fare—a mecca of high southern cuisine.
- Absorb the area’s culture and attractions via exclusive excursions.
- Establish lifelong friendships with peers in the industry.
- Celebrate the mountain scenery in the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Rejuvenate in luxury at the The Spa at Omni Grove Park Inn.
Click here to view the PIP Asheville brochure.
Be sure to work with your Regional Sales Director on how to earn the trip.
We look forward to a great year together and hope to see you in Asheville.