For the last four decades, TASC has been passionate about giving back and supporting the communities where we live and work across the country. We encourage our employees to give of their time, talent, and treasure and are in awe of the many ways they do just that. A great example in 2015 was our Giving Together event in March: In honor of our company’s 40th anniversary, 500 employees spent the day volunteering at 40 charitable organizations across Madison, Wisconsin, where our corporate offices are located. It was an amazing chance to say “thank you” and we’re in awe of the time and commitment our employees put into this special day.
But that day, and the many other ways we support our communities, wouldn’t have been possible without you, our customers. Whether you supported our fundraising or simply purchased one of our services, you helped us help others.
Here are just a few of the ways TASC gave back to our communities in 2015:
- We paid over 3,275 hours in volunteer time to our employees.
- We donated $273,000 in funding to employee-supported charity events, including Ronald McDonald House Charities, Gilda’s Club, YWCA, Junior Diabetes Research Foundation, the Humane Society, Peace Corps, various food pantries, and many more.
- We provided in-kind administration services to 30-plus charitable organizations.
- We deposited over $7,000 into employees’ GiveBack accounts as part of our Dollars for Doers program in which employees receive $5 per hour for time volunteered during evenings and weekends.
- We raised $283,910 for United Way while increasing employee campaign participation to 71 percent.
- We gave five percent of revenue from all Clients in Dane County, Wisconsin straight back to the community.
- We sponsored the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women, Heart Ball, and Heart Walk events with employee participation— and donations equaling more than $40,000 in the past three years.
Our employees volunteer almost weekly in their communities. As I write this letter, it’s likely that somewhere in the country, a TASC employee is supporting a local cause, fundraising for a charity, serving on a board or committee, volunteering to clean up a community site, or lending a helping hand to make a difference! We are incredibly proud to offer a culture that encourages our employees to give of themselves to make this world a better place. We love being part of the good in this world and are happy you joined us in making it a reality.
Thanks for helping us make a difference in our communities.