You asked, we listened. The TASC Card limit has been increased to $2,500.
Effective May 1, 2017, the TASC Card limit for out-of-pocket medical expense reimbursement for AgriPlan and BizPlan Clients has been increased from $1,000 to $2,500 to keep pace with rising healthcare expenses. Medical expense reimbursement has never been easier!
And in the event that a charge exceeding $2,500 is anticipated, your Client may request a temporary limit increase of $1,000 (up to $3,500) by calling TASC at 800.422.4661.
- Pre-fills Year-End Report.
- Qualifies and pays for eligible expenses on the spot.
- Eliminates writing checks.
- Helps keep Plan compliant.
- It’s how the Plan works!
Hundreds of thousands of new MasterCard TASC Cards have been issued since January 1. And the results have been very positive!
Customers love the convenience of the TASC Card. In a recent survey, one FlexSystem Participant commented, “I enjoyed using the TASC Card debit card. It made life very easy when paying a medical bill.”
Another commented, “Having the TASC Card is an awesome service.”
And yet another said, “I really like the convenience of using the TASC Card debit card for medical related charges/costs. Much easier and such a time saver than submitting receipts.”
Facts to know about the MasterCard TASC Card:
- Over 50% of our TASC Card holders have been issued new MasterCard TASC Cards.
- MasterCard acceptance rates are equal to or higher than Visa acceptance rates – Greater than 90%.
- Over 300,000 MasterCard TASC Cards swipes were made in January and February alone.
- Millions and millions of dollars are reimbursed to Participants via the TASC Card per month.
New MasterCard TASC Cards will continue to be issued to Visa TASC Card holders over the next few weeks, and all FlexSystem TASC Card holders are expected to have MasterCard TASC Cards issued by March 31. New cards will issued to AgriPlan/BizPlan TASC Card holders in late April.
TASC is pleased with its alliance with MasterCard for our TASC Card services. As the most widely accepted credit card brand in the world, MasterCard is also a leading innovator in the healthcare market, and will better equip us as we work to increase TASC Card use and introduce new card features.
TASC is excited about converting to MasterCard for the TASC Card program. We see our partnership with MasterCard as an opportunity to create new sales and new services that will help TASC maintain its innovative and dominant position in the healthcare card payment market.
We have been working diligently for the past several months to ensure a successful migration from Visa to MasterCard and are pleased to announce the project is progressing well. Approximately 132,000 MasterCard TASC Cards were issued in December as part of the natural new/expiring card issuing process.
Soon all your Clients and their Participants will be able to experience the MasterCard TASC Card. Here are some important points to remember as we begin reissuing new TASC Cards to our existing TASC Card holders.
- TASC’s goal is to minimize disruption in the Participant experience.
- MasterCard TASC Card works the same as the Visa TASC Card.
- TASC Cards do not require a separate activation step; cards will be activated upon the first successful swipe.
- Mass reissue of TASC Cards includes core FlexSystem, AgriPlanNOW, and BizPlanNOW cardholders.
- Acquisition Clients and their Participants will be issued MasterCard TASC Cards as they are migrated to the TASC platform (not as part of the mass reissue).
- DirectPay and TASC HSA Participants will not get new TASC Cards at this time.
- Conversion from Visa to MasterCard will continue over several months.
- TASC Cards will be reissued in waves, several thousand Client groups per month.
- All Visa TASC Card holders within the migrating group will get a new MasterCard TASC Card, whether their current card is expiring soon or several months from now.
- Once a card has been ordered, new card information will appear in the Participant’s TASC Card Management page in MyTASC.
- Visa TASC Cards will be automatically deactivated for cardholders 21 days after their MasterCard TASC Card has been issued.
- Participants who already have a MasterCard TASC Card should not receive any replacement card(s).
- Clients and their Participants will be notified via email before their new cards are issued, and Providers will receive a one-up that lists their affected Clients in the wave. An insert with instructions will be enclosed with each TASC Card.
We look forward to the mass reissue to begin the week of February 10.
TASC has been informed of a possible security breach that affects the major credit card brands, including both the Visa and MasterCard networks. The notice advised of potentially compromised card numbers during a recent hacking incident at Target stores.
Several Visa TASC Cards have been identified as potentially compromised.
We have not been alerted to any fraudulent transactions. Consequently, we will not be reissuing TASC Cards; doing so would be an unnecessary inconvenience for our cardholders. Meanwhile, be confident that we are vigilant as always.
All TASC Card holders are protected by a solid dispute process with Visa. We have determined the following actions as best for cardholders at this time: (a) please review your transaction history carefully to identify any transactions you do not recognize; (b) contact us immediately if you suspect fraudulent activity; and (c) continue to monitor your account as usual.
TASC is pleased to announce a new alliance with MasterCard for our TASC Card services. As the most widely accepted credit card brand in the world, MasterCard is also a leading innovator in the healthcare market, and will better equip us as we work to increase TASC Card use and introduce new card features. The new MasterCard TASC Card replaces the current Visa TASC Card and works exactly the same.
TASC Cards will be reissued to existing TASC Card holders (for AgriPlanNOW, BizPlanNOW, and FlexSystem service offerings) over the next several months. Before we issue the new MasterCard TASC Cards, affected cardholders will be notified via email (and Providers will receive a one-up). Finally, each new card will be sent with an insert of instructions, a Cardholder Agreement, and a TASC Card brochure.
The TASC Card no longer requires a separate activation step, and will be activated automatically upon the first successful swipe.
The TASC Card simplifies the reimbursement process. When Participants incur an eligible employee benefits expense, they simply swipe the TASC Card. The card automatically pays for and substantiates most eligible expenses at the point of purchase, eliminating the need to submit reimbursement requests.
Good news! TASC Cards issued on/after November 11 will no longer require a separate activation step. To activate the card, Participants simply swipe the card for an eligible expense! The card goes live on the first successful swipe!
By eliminating the separate activation step, Participants save valuable time and can use the card immediately for eligible employee benefits expenses. No more calling the activation hotline or going online to activate a card! It’s ready for use as soon as the Participant incurs an eligible expense.
Card activation options via our interactive voice response phone system, TASC Card activation website (www.tasccard.com/activate), and TASC Card Management page in MyTASC (www.tasconline.com) will remain in place for Participants with cards issued prior to November 11 but not yet activated.
The TASC Card is the fastest and most convenient way to handle employee benefits expenses. This innovation automatically pays for and substantiates most eligible expenses at the point of purchase, eliminating the need to submit requests for reimbursement. At TASC, we believe in making it easy for your Participants to manage their employee benefits funds!