During the past several months, more employees have been concerned about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and the potential of “appeal, repair or replace.” With the unknowable legislative change, employees must refocus on everyday challenges of other long-existing, unwavering Federal regulations. A business that isn’t aware of its HR responsibilities is clearly headed for trouble. The regulators, the DOL, the HHS, and the IRS have increased the number of audits to ensure employers are compliant and not violating employees’ rights. In addition to potential fines and penalties imposed by the regulators, employees are awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars through private litigation.
Learn More from our VP of Compliance,Carolyn McNairy, by reading the full article in SHRM HR Professionals magazine.
CNN has picked up our OpEd co-authored by TASC CEO Dan Rashke! Fantastic news for the efforts of The Greater Give and TASC.
“Congress is considering changes to the tax code which would greatly reduce the proportion of taxpayers who benefit from incentives for charitable giving.”
Learn more by clicking the link to the full article: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/opinions/use-tax-law-to-encourage-charitable-giving-opinion/index.html
Just when we thought we had all the requirements figured out, health care could change forcing new challenges and new decisions in the sea of compliance. Employers and plan sponsors need to prepare for significant changes whether ACA is repealed, replaced, or repaired. It is highly likely that certain key ACA provisions will be rolled back.
SHRM HR Professionals Magazine’s full article draws out some of the changes that could occur when it comes to the Affordable Care Act. Click here to Learn more.
Cybersecurity and privacy now go hand in hand, with breaches at an inevitable state within all organizations. “No one entity can be smart enough to fight it all off — we have to work together with other businesses across all industries,” said Cliff Mason, president of Madison-based Total Administrative Services Corporation (TASC).
That was the takeaway from a panel of world-renowned cyber and data security experts at a recent forum hosted by TASC in Washington, D.C. Speakers at this free conference included David Bray, former CIO for the FCC, Steven Chabinsky, former deputy assistant director of cyber for the FBI, and Shane Harris, a journalist who covers intelligence agencies for The Wall Street Journal. The event drew attention to the need for higher standards in cyber and data security from America’s leading services providers in every industry.
Visit our website for the full article on Cybersecurity and Privacy.
If you don’t know what a QSEHRA is, you could be missing out on tax savings for your small business owner Clients. In December 2016, The Cures Act and H.R. 34 overturned guidance issued in IRS Notice 2013-54. A Small Business HRA (also known as a QSEHRA) enables qualified small employers with more than one but fewer than 50 employees to once again reimburse individual insurance premiums and out-of-pocket medical expenses. Group insurance is not required. (Integrated and One Employee HRA Plans were already compliant with federal law.)
QSEHRA Small Business HRAs provide a tremendous opportunity to those small employers who do not offer Group health but want to assist their employees with ever-rising healthcare costs. Learn more at http://go.tasconline.com/microQSEHRA
There is a new way for TASC contracted Providers and Distributors to access its online Sales Resource Center (SRC).
- Go to www.tasconline.com and login with your TASC Username (MyTASC ID#) and Password.
- In a new tab on your internet browser (not the tab that just launched with the MyTASC homepage), again enter www.tasconline.com.
- The Sales Center link will now be accessible on your TASConline navigation bar.
The SRC is a secure, consolidated resource portal for contracted Providers and Distributors to easily access everything they need to sell and administer TASC benefit Plans. Learn more at http://bit.ly/Access-TASC-SRC
The media has been talking about TASC a lot recently. TASC is working on some big changes, has signed up some large clients, continues to good things in our communities, and just keeps on growing. All of this has led to an unpresented number of press clippings. Here is a list of our recent mentions. Click where indicated below to read some of the articles.
- In Business September issue-TASC is featured prominently in an article about local companies that hosts their own trade shows. Click here to read this article
- In the same issue, TASC is listed in the top 100 employers in Dane County. We came in at 56.
- July issue of In Business-Dan appears in the Think Tank feature. Click here to read this article.
- In August, TASC was featured in the Biz Report regarding the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC).Office of Personnel Management (OPM) contract. Click here to read this article.
- And for the second year in a row TASC is listed in the Wisconsin top 75 privately held businesses.
Watch for more good news from TASC soon!
Labor Day has passed, marking the end of summer—and we are now into the busiest selling season of the year. Are you interested in earning our amazing incentive trip to Grand Cayman? You can!
Visit www.tascpip.com to familiarize yourself with the Provider Incentive Program (PIP), learn about the destination, and view a preliminary agenda. Then, contact your Regional Sales Director (RSD) to create an end-of-the-year sales plan—and make it a grand year!
Guests will experience the all-new Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. In the very heart of Grand Cayman, the resort is recognized for its excellence, with a full sensory experience that uplifts and energizes. Lounge in luxury. Pause in the pool. Swim with a stingray! Stroll Seven Mile Beach. Dive with the dolphins. Join us and experience Grand Cayman Island!
Here are several reasons why you should earn the trip:
- A magnificent, breathtaking location offering adventure and tranquility.
- VIP-style treatment at an exquisite 4-diamond property.
- The inside scoop on latest TASC news, service offerings, and innovations.
- Valuable industry “insider” meetings that will give an edge on the competition.
- Exclusive excursions to absorb area culture and attractions.
- An opportunity to establish lifelong friendships with peers in the industry.
- Top 20 producing Individual Group Providers (minimum $35,000 in 2017 group business)
- Top 30 producing Agency Group Providers (minimum $50,000 in 2017 group business)
- Top 7 producing Microbusiness Providers (minimum $26,500 in 2017 microbusiness)
All program incentives are based on production value (declared value of annualized fees x production value multiplier = production value).
- AgriPlan & BizPlan: 3.0 x declared value
- FlexSystem, Premium Only Plan, and HSA: 1.25 x declared value
- COBRA, PayPath, Form 5500 Preparation, and Non-Discrimination Testing: 0.75 x declared value
- ACA Employer Reporting: 0.5 x declared value
- All other service offerings: 1.0 x declared value
For more information about our Provider Incentive Program, view the 2017 Rules Flyer at www.tascpip.com. Click here to view the Grand Cayman brochure.
Here’s to great sales in 2017!
TASC has been contracted to design and deliver an innovative, proprietary system that automates the charity enrollment process for the Combined Federal Giving Campaign (CFC), the workplace giving program for the U.S. Federal Government.
Upgrading CFC’s program from paper-based to online will help charities save time and money while increasing donations and improving security. This successful partnership provides workplace giving administration services to more than 6 million federal employees. Follow the link to this month’s In Business Magazine article to learn more.
Established by PPACA, the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is charged with examining the relative health outcomes, clinical effectiveness, and appropriateness of different medical treatments by evaluating existing studies and conducting its own. The Institute will be funded in part by employer-paid fees.
Your multi-employee AgriPlan, BizPlan, and No Limit Plan Clients are required to file IRS Tax Form 720 and pay a small fee by July 31st each year. This impacts Plan years ending 2012-2019. The total fee for Plan Year 2016 will be $2.26 per Participant.
As in the past, please remind these Clients to watch their mail around mid-June for a pre-filled IRS Tax Form 720 from TASC containing the required PCORI information.
They will need to:
- Verify their EIN number (this cannot be their Social Security number)
- Sign the form
- Include payment and voucher
- Ensure their completed form with payment is mailed to the IRS and postmarked no later than July 31, 2017
- Mail to the Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Services, Cincinnati, OH 45999-0009
If they are already filing IRS Tax Form 720, they are advised to contact their tax preparer (which in most cases is you) to include the PCORI calculation and fee on their form submission.
If your multi-employee Clients have corrections to the mailed pre-filled Form 720 they can download, create, and print a corrected fillable PDF Form 720 from the IRS website. As always, if they need further assistance your Clients are asked to please contact our Customer Care Center at 800.422.4661.